Something I made up for St. Patrick’s Day – such an easy recipe!
- Vanilla Almond Bark – a couple of squares
- Pretzels – broken apart (a little more than a handful – add more if needed)
- Green food coloring – 1 drop
- Melt the almond bark in a microwave-safe bowl (generally about a minute in a 1,000 watt microwave – if not melted, then cook in 10-second increments until melted)
- Put 1 drop of green food coloring in the chocolate and stir.
- Add the pretzels and stir
- Pour the mixture onto a pan covered with wax paper and spread out
- Put in the refrigerator for 10 minutes or more
- When hardened, just break into pieces.
Enjoy!!! – Stacey Walker
A couple of weeks ago I snapped this shot of a little green heron in the swamp next to the Chattanooga Riverwalk. He is striking against the background of bubbling algae.
Here are some other nice photos of my little friend.
I just love the green coloring close to his eyes.
I recently found a little pond in between some dirt mounds outside of Bunker #77 at Enterprise South Nature Park in Chattanooga, TN. Mountain bikers have a choice of staying on the advanced Logrhythm Mountain Bike trail or riding over some of the dirt mounds. I heard a “splash” and realized this little pond had some creatures in it. So I sat down and waited… I was rewarded by lots of little frogs popping theirs heads out of the water. I dared not breathe too loudly. I just loved that little fella.
Soon there were more…
And this little guy got bold and showed me his torso…
This frog thought about jumping up on the log:
To prove that this pond is very small and next to a biking trail, check this out: